Growing up, going to my friend Erin’s house was pretty awesome. There were always fresh-baked monster cookies in the house and a mini-fridge full of pop. Like, every kind of pop- even Nestea. At the time, this was quite the novelty for me.
Erin seems to have continued the tradition of always having fresh-baked goods in the house, which I love. A while back (a serious while back since we haven’t lived in the same province in a year and a half!), I went to her house and she had made the most delicious cookies. I asked for the recipe and I thought I’d share it here today in case anyone still has their Christmas baking to do like me.
Warning: These are incredibly addictive.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup corn flakes
- 1 cup rice krispies
- 1 package chocolate chips (I typically use just a cup or so, not a full package)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit
- Cream butter and sugar
- Add egg and vanilla
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt
- Stir in cereals and chocolate chips
- Drop onto greased baking sheets and bake for 8 to 10 minutes
I hope everyone is having a great week!